[Xastir] Raspberry Pi

Chip G. n1mie at mac.com
Sat Aug 25 07:54:05 EDT 2012

I received a RPi that I ordered from a guy on eBay. I've fiddled with it a bit. I actually found an Xastir build available from apt-get repository. It works fine. I've got it connected online to use OSM maps. Next I need to find some vector maps and try them. I'd like some basic stuff without so much detail that it bogs it down. I'm thinking of whole-state files not counties like I've used before, those were large and slow loading even on my desktop. One of the things I need to do is figure out what was compiled into this version. On my Mac I do a CVS build and can control what is available and so forth.

--
    Chip