[Xastir] Opinions sought on new maps

Liz edodd at billiau.net
Sun Dec 9 14:41:55 EST 2012

On Sun, 9 Dec 2012 20:42:28 +0900
Andrew Errington <erringtona at gmail.com> wrote:

> You could download OpenStreetMap data (www.osm.org).  It works with
> Xastir and it's free.  You can cache map tiles, or you can download
> vector data.  If you find errors or omissions you can correct them
> and upload your data for the benefit of yourself and others.

Thankyou for your suggestion.
Everything in my region I mapped for OSM, and I have withdrawn from the
project after the licence change. What I mapped has been removed.
The current lines on the map *in my region* are completely unsuitable
for use "off the beaten track", as they are of very poor mapping
standard.
I need the standard of the government produced maps for my region -
nothing else comes close for balloon chases.