[Xastir] CallPass possible issue on 64-bit machines?

Tom Russo russo at bogodyn.org
Mon Dec 17 22:11:50 EST 2012

On Mon, Dec 17, 2012 at 08:43:08PM -0500, we recorded a bogon-computron collision of the <david.aitcheson at gmail.com> flavor, containing:
> Group,
>
> When running "CallPass" just now on my system I got the following error:
>
> > aitch100s76gazpro at aitch100-Gazelle-Professional:~$ callpass kb3efs
> > callpass: error while loading shared libraries: libXm.so.2: wrong ELF
> > class: ELFCLASS64
> > aitch100s76gazpro at aitch100-Gazelle-Professional:~$
>
> This system is of the following configuration:
>
> Ubuntu
> Release 12.04 (precise) 64-bit
> Kernel Linux 3.2.0-34-generic
> GNOME 3.4.2
>
> Hardware
> Memory 3.8 GiB
> Processor: Intel? Core(TM) i7-2670QM CPU @ 2.20GHz x 8
>
> Would I be correct in the hypothesis that "CallPass" only runs on 32-bit
> hardware?

No, that's not correct.  It runs fine on 64-bit.  You have an issue with your
shared libraries that you need to fix.

I have a Gazelle Pro running 12.04 64-bit with the same kernel and gnome 3.4.2
as well, and callpass runs fine.

Try rebuilding your Xastir and callpass from scratch.  You've got a
configuration problem.

When I do an ldd on callpass, it is not even linked to libXm, so there is
definitely something fishy with yours.  Callpass is so simple it shouldn't be
getting linked with *any* X libraries.