[Xastir] CallPass possible issue on 64-bit machines?

David A. Ranch xastir at trinnet.net
Sun Dec 23 12:26:03 EST 2012

I thought I'd chime in here:  I *highly* encourage all LInux users
running a x64 system to *NOT* install the 32bit libraries for their
respective distribution.  Installing them only increases the bloat on
the hard disk, doubles the sizes of your downloaded patches (gets both
the 32 and 64bit versions), etc.   Sure, this might mean that you will
need to compile some packages to be native 64bit but when only the 32bit
binary versions of a given package are posted but if you stick to 64bit
only, you'll have a cleaner, leaner system in the long term.

Just my $1.50

--David
KI6ZHD