[Xastir] Xastir with offline maps

Kurt Savegnago ksaves2 at sbcglobal.net
Sun Jun 10 21:41:04 EDT 2012

That was me you emailed Lee. :-)  Works fine but I found I have to move any other offline maps out of the /maps directory otherwise they get superimposed over the prior 20006 Tiger maps that I had been using.
I simply moved the old TAMU tiger directory to /usr/local/share/xastir so if I want to use them again, I just swap out the OSM shapefiles to /usr/local/share/xastir and put the tiger maps back in to /usr/local/share/xastir/maps.  Works like a charm.  Perhaps there might be a way to do it from the menu-line without having the superimposition switching from one offline mapset to another.  Seems like anything in /maps is read together even if they are different mapsets.  I don't mind as the manual swapping works fine.

Looks like the OSM shapefiles are the latest that are available for free online.

                                 Kurt KC9LDH