[Xastir] Xastir Load Problems (Mac OS X 10.7.4)

Tom Russo russo at bogodyn.org
Wed Jun 13 22:47:34 EDT 2012

On Wed, Jun 13, 2012 at 09:25:35PM -0400, we recorded a bogon-computron collision of the <n1mie at mac.com> flavor, containing:

> On machine two here is the ImageMagick information (unrecognized):
> Version: ImageMagick 6.5.8-10 2012-06-09 Q16 http://www.imagemagick.org
> Copyright: Copyright (C) 1999-2010 ImageMagick Studio LLC
> Features: HDRI

HDRI makes ImageMagick *completly* incompatible with  Xastir.  You either have
to get a different version of IM or use GM instead.

HDRI (High Dynamic Range Image) support turns each pixel into a real number
instead of an integer type.  Xastir is simply *peppered* with code that
assumes that a quantum is either an 8 or 16-bit integer quantity.  Changing
this will be a big undertaking, and nobody has ever volunteered to look into
it.