[Xastir] {Disarmed} Xastir Freezes

Curt, WE7U curt.we7u at gmail.com
Fri Mar 2 13:30:19 EST 2012

On Fri, 2 Mar 2012, Mike Swiatkowski, AA9VI wrote:

> Curt and all, I found that Xastir is not grabbing the serial port since I can open the port with minicom while Xastir is supposed to have it.  I don't get a lockfile type of message saying it was in use by another application.
>
> My speculation is one of the recent Debian 6 updates is causing the port to not open in Xastir.  Not sure which one though.

Xastir creates locks like tis:

     /var/lock/LCK..ttyS0

Containing:  "25334 xastir <user>"

Where the 25334 is the PID and he <user> is your login.

The problem most likely still has to do with permissions, but check where lock files are created on your system:  It may be different than the above.

--
Curt, WE7U.        http://www.eskimo.com/~archer