[Xastir] Australian & Tasmanian Weather Alerts

Curt, WE7U curt.we7u at gmail.com
Fri Mar 2 15:37:46 EST 2012

Thanks to Geoff Gatward, VK2XJG/VK8GG, we now have the capability in Xastir to display weather alerts for Australia and Tasmania in a similar manner to what we currently do with NWS weather alerts here in the U.S.

At the same time, he updated our get-NWSdata script and a couple of dbfawk files for the U.S., so he went above and beyond his duties in supplying these patches.

In order to see the new alerts:

*) Update to the new CVS.
*) Do the usual bootstrap/configure/make/make install thing for Xastir.
*) Run the get-BOMdata and get-NWSdata scripts (as root) to get the latest Shapefiles.
*) Start the new Xastir.
*) Connect up to Firenet or the APRS-IS stream.

--
Curt, WE7U.        http://www.eskimo.com/~archer
APRS Wiki:  http://info.aprs.net/