[Xastir] NWS fonction

Curt, WE7U curt.we7u at gmail.com
Fri Mar 2 15:56:01 EST 2012

On Fri, 2 Mar 2012, Arnaud wrote:

> because i'm not a programmer it take me 4 hour to find how to code it in C.
> It's verry too long for 15 lines.
> So what did you think about lowercase or upper case ?
> I can't make more. For the time it check a file if exist and use it or not
> (alert.xbm)

Yes, it can take a long time...  Even for experienced programmers sometimes!

Upper/lower-case for the filenames?  I'd prefer lower-case for those, but the alerts can be either one.  You're the one generating those test strings, so just assure they can't be confused with any other strings in your alerts and you should be fine.  We can convert to lower-case if necessary in the Xastir code before we try to look up the filename.  That's easy to do.

Did you attempt to include a file attachment?  If so, it didn't come across the list.  Feel free to e-mail me directly with any attachments and I should get them fine.

--
Curt, WE7U.        http://www.eskimo.com/~archer
APRS in Search and Rescue:  http://wetnet.net/~we7u/search_and_rescue.html