[Xastir] Remote headless server options for use with Xastir?

Lee Bengston lee.bengston at gmail.com
Mon Nov 19 21:58:54 EST 2012

On Sun, Nov 18, 2012 at 8:53 PM, Mike Loebl <mloebl at gmail.com> wrote:
> I loaded up
> Dixprs on a Beaglebone connect to the TNC-X/D700 to play with, but not sure
> it has this ability from what I can tell.

DIXPRS should work fine as a headless IGate on the Beaglebone.  If you
set up Linux AX25 networking and configure DIXPRS to talk to the TNC
via AX25, that's a good start.  Next as Tom Russo said, use ldsped to
set up an AGW interface to your AX25 network.  That will allow Xastir
and other clients that support AGW interfaces to connect to the TNC
from other computers using your home IP network.

I just recently set up a Raspberry Pi running DIXPRS with an AX25
interface to a TNC.  I haven't tried adding ldsped yet, but that's the
next step.  As Tom said, ldsped will have to be built from source on
the Rasperry Pi or Beaglebone.  All I have is the binary of ldsped
that the author sent me about 15 months ago, so I need to request the
source code.

Regards,

Lee - K5DAT