[Xastir] recommendation for Ultimeter-2000 software to stick on my linux digipeater using kernel AX.25

Curt, WE7U curt.we7u at gmail.com
Wed Oct 3 14:26:48 EDT 2012

On Wed, 3 Oct 2012, Alan Crosswell wrote:

> It turns out one of my aprsdigi sites has an Ultimeter-2000 available. This
> is running as a headless server, so, while I supposed I could run Xastir to
> do the weather portion, I'm wondering if there's a smaller app that can
> just send the WX beacons? It has to work with Kernel AX.25.

I haven't done a lot of work on the client capabilities chart lately, but the only Linux program I see listed there as compatible with the U-2000 is Xastir.

I don't know whether YAAC (need to add that to my chart yet) or some of the igate apps (aprsc, aprsd, aprsr, aprsx, javaprssvr) may support it.

Maybe I need another chart for igate apps.  There's getting to be a plethora of them.

--
Curt, WE7U.        http://wetnet.net/~we7u
APRS Client Capabilities:  http://wetnet.net/~we7u/aprs_capabilities.html