[Xastir] Missing Object ???

Tom Russo russo at bogodyn.org
Fri Oct 12 02:14:18 EDT 2012

On Fri, Oct 12, 2012 at 02:45:06PM +1000, we recorded a bogon-computron collision of the <djmunn at bigpond.com> flavor, containing:
> Hi All....
> a couple of days ago i did a ./update-xastir
> all went well or so i thought
> as i run a Dstar program on another comp which outputs
> DPRS to APRS and would put a Dstar object on my APRS position
> up till i did the update it was showing very well
> i know the TNC is showing a line in the Display Packet Data screen
> but it is not showing up on my map
>
> i have checked Google Maps APRS and it comes up there
>
> what have i done wrong? what config menu have i missed?
>
> bet its something simple

Check your settings in Station->Filter Data and Station->Filter Display.
Make sure that you're set up to display objects, and that you're displaying
data from whatever source your object should be coming in on (e.g. Select Net
in Filter Data is checked, if your object is coming in from APRS-IS).  That's
the only thing I can think of that would effect this sort of thing.

Nothing in Xastir should have changed to prevent your displaying such an
object.