[Xastir] OSM maps

David djmunn at bigpond.com
Tue Oct 16 21:13:33 EDT 2012

Hi all
due to problems with my ham machine i did a reinstall with Ubuntu 12.10
Beta 2......
it is a Acer X3400 1tb h/d and a 24" tv using HDMI,4GB DDR3 Ram

the previous install was Ubuntu 12.04 and ran Xastir 100%

i did a back up of my Home dir and put this back on 12.10
as i had the main Xastir files and only had to put in the various
dependancy files into /usr/local/share/?? folders
then did a ./update-xastir to set thing up form the CVS
as i had my .xastir dir in the Home dir it was already setup

started Xastir in a terminal with xastir and all started fine except i
cant get the OSM maps to load
in the terminal it comes up with
'TBD: I dont think we can deal with colorspace !=RGBTBD'
then the same message and !-RGB
it will load the worldhi.map ok

has anyone seen this problem and how did you fix it
may be a missing program ???

73 David VK4BDJ