[Xastir] Xastir CVS and Debian

David A Aitcheson david.aitcheson at gmail.com
Sun Oct 21 13:32:02 EDT 2012

Liz,

You got me thinking when you mentioned calibre so I went and checked...

I have both on my system (12.04-LTS) but what is not loaded on my system
is the graphicsmagick-imagemagick-compat and
graphicsmagick-libmagick-dev-compat packages.

I vaguely remember that being an issue in the past and the cause of
contention when processing map files for not just XASTIR but also for
one of the GIS programs.

73
Dave
KB3EFS

On 10/21/2012 02:59 AM, Liz wrote:
> On Sun, 21 Oct 2012 01:45:09 -0400
> David A Aitcheson <david.aitcheson at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Liz,
>>
>> Look in message archives for 16 October 2012 and message titled "OSM
>> Maps Solved".
>>
>> Dumping image-majick and loading Graphics-Magic is the answer. (sorry
>> about the spelling)
>>
>> It was also the answer for me as well.
>>
>> 73
>> Dave
>> KB3EFS
> I have a couple of useful programs dependent on Imagemagick; calibre an
> ebook database and playonlinux, a frontend to wine.
>
> Debian packaging should not be an either/or situation, and there is no
> real reason for this situation.

David A Aitcheson david.aitcheson at gmail.com Go Green! Print this email
only when necessary.