[Xastir] Xastir CVS and Debian (solved)

Lee Bengston lee.bengston at gmail.com
Mon Oct 22 12:11:37 EDT 2012

On Mon, Oct 22, 2012 at 12:53 AM, Liz <edodd at billiau.net> wrote:

> Thanks Lee for the details.
> The underlying problem in the Debian packages of graphicsmagick and
> imagemagick still remains.
> I did try to do a bug report, but my version of "reportbug" just
> crashes, leaving me wondering how to report the bug in reportbug too.

Yes, but given Debian 7/Wheezy is still in testing status, it still
may be resolved before it becomes the stable release.  It used to be
standard procedure for Ubuntu/Debian when installing Xastir from
source to install libgeotiff from source as well, so from a Xastir
perspective, the issue can be considered resolved.

Also the underlying problem may not be with the magick packages.  The
latest version of libgeotiff (1.4) available in source code does not
require/depend on a libtiff version as new as the one in the libtiff5
Debian package.  So, it appears that the libgeotiff-dev package in the
Debian repository is requiring libtiff5-dev when it doesn't
necessarily need the latest version.

Regards,
Lee - K5DAT