[Xastir] Xastir.org down

Tom Russo russo at bogodyn.org
Mon Sep 3 18:58:00 EDT 2012

On Sat, Sep 01, 2012 at 11:22:05AM -0400, we recorded a bogon-computron collision of the <n1mie at mac.com> flavor, containing:
> The server appears to be down. Was going to try and do some things before heading to the fair with my wife, but can't do my research without the website. Par for the course for me lately.

It's back as of this morning.

Xastir.org (web site and mailing lists) are hosted on home computers owned
by Chuck Byam, and some downtime is to be expected now and then.  Chuck is
also seeking folks with the full-time internet connectivity and computer
resources to take over the site, as he may be moving to a new state and
might no longer be able to maintain it.  If anyone has the willingness to take
on this chore that Chuck's been shouldering for so many years, you should
contact him.