[Xastir] SourceForge upgrade

Curt, WE7U curt.we7u at gmail.com
Sun Sep 16 10:16:59 EDT 2012

On Fri, 14 Sep 2012, Curt, WE7U wrote:

> SourceForge put out a newsletter today and requested people to upgrade to
> their latest SourceForge S/W.  I just hit the "Update" button for both Xastir
> and SmartPalm, so there may be temporary interruptions as the projects are
> moved/upgraded/whatever to their new system.

The project has been migrated except for the code (the important part).  An initial scan of the material I had at hand before I hit the update button showed CVS mentioned, but I see from the "Allura" documentation that they only have SVN, Git, and Mercurial.  This means our CVS repositories will be migrated to one of those.  I haven't been asked which to migrate to and haven't found what the default is going to be.  More when I hear back from them.

I'm quite familiar with SVN (Subversion).  If that's the default migration path we won't have to change our commands much.  We'll just have to get used to a revision number per revision to the tree, instead of a revision number per file.

If it's Git or Mercurial we'll have a bit more to get used to, but they are more modern/more powerful than Subversion so should be worth the extra learning curve.

Sorry Tom!  I should have researched the subject more.

--
Curt, WE7U.        http://wetnet.net/~we7u
The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.  -Stephen Hawking