[Xastir] Non communication with radio

Lee Bengston lee.bengston at gmail.com
Sun Dec 8 21:32:14 EST 2013

I used a similar HowTo at http://buzzdavidson.com/?p=45 to create a udev
rule in order to ensure AX25 networking is always set up using an FTDI usb
to serial adapter regardless of whether it is assigned USB0, USB1 or
whatever.  I only have one FTDI based adapter, so I didn't have to make it
too complicated.  (The person who wrote the article above only had one
device on the chipset his adapter was using as well).  It sounds like Liz
only has one Prolific device to be concerned about, so the approach listed
at the site above should do OK.

John's method does show how to tie in the physical port, so as long as the
same physical ports are used, a re-boot that potentially changes /dev/USBn
assignments among adapters should not impact the ability for software like
Xastir to stay on the same port.  I don't necessarily like the idea of
relying on using the exact same physical USB ports, though.

Regards,
Lee - K5DAT