[Xastir] ALOHA radius

Liz edodd at billiau.net
Sun Dec 15 15:14:53 EST 2013

On Sun, 15 Dec 2013 07:28:34 -0500
David A Aitcheson <david.aitcheson at gmail.com> wrote:

> Liz,
>
> Have a look at http://aprs.org/aloha/ALOHAcir.txt and see if that
> helps you any. I am still learning things so I am also just now
> reading the same page!
>
> Look for KB3EFS as a "station" on Echo-Link; If I am on try to connect
> with me. I use the Qtel v0.12.0 - Qt EchoLink client on my Ubuntu
> 12.04-LTS Laptop.
>
> 73
> Dave
> KB3EFS(-1)
> FN24BI81GP (in Northern NY USA)

I had a look at that too. I do run a digipeater, and while in theory
that could be ax25 and shared on the home network, currently it isn't,
so no RF input into xastir at home.
However, because I do run the digipeater, I am curious about the ALOHA
radius. Some nights the propagation is awesome and data is travelling
over 350km in a single hop.

Liz
VK2XSE