[Xastir] demo station mapping cached maps

John Wilson kc4lzn at gmail.com
Sat Feb 2 21:18:12 EST 2013

Dave,

I, too, wanted offline maps and could never figure out the "pretty" maps
for offline use. In the " How To:Maps" section, I came across the OSM
portion and ended up on the cloud made website and downloaded the shape
files for my state and placed them in the maps directory. Then I selected
the maps in the drop down menu for mapping. I didn't select all of the
maps, only the necessary ones and you'll have to work on what suits you and
your computer.

Looks like there are maps for the UK, just not sure where you may be but
here is a link to get you started.

http://downloads.cloudmade.com/europe/northern_europe/united_kingdom#downloads_breadcrumbs

Hope that helps.

73 John