[Xastir] libdb error?

Tom Russo russo at bogodyn.org
Wed Jan 16 16:56:17 EST 2013

On Wed, Jan 16, 2013 at 02:47:06PM -0700, we recorded a bogon-computron collision of the <russo at bogodyn.org> flavor, containing:
[... where to find Berkeley DB source code]

> But since you asked about 4.8:
>
> http://download.oracle.com/berkeley-db/db-4.8.30.tar.gz
>
> is the current tarball for 4.8.
>
> Doesn't look like they support viewing an index of the directory, so you can't
> just poke around and find one particular file without knowing it's there.

However, you can get that info here:

http://www.oracle.com/us/products/database/berkeley-db/db/overview/index.html

Click "Download", then "Download Now", then the "Previous Releases" link next
to the "Berkeley DB 11gR2 (11.2.5.3.21)" heading.  All versions from 2.7 to
present are there.  Xastir will work with any from 4.0-4.8.  4.1-4.8 are
for all intents and purposes equivalent as far as Xastir is concerned.

We still need someone to do the legwork to wire in version 5.x, which should
get done soon since so many Linux distros are dropping support for the older
versions of BDB.