[Xastir] What is the advantage of one map type over another?

Michael Picco mpicco at calwisp.net
Sun Jan 20 14:06:35 EST 2013

In my attempt to get Xastir running on a Raspberry Pi, I'm having a
difficult time figuring out which map type to run with.  I'd prefer to
have the maps available locally for better display speed.  The RPi has a
16GB flash and is running a version of Debian, so storage shouldn't be
an issue.

Being pretty new to Xastir, I'm getting confused with all the choices
... vector, shapefiles, raster, etc.!

Any pointers in a good direction, would be greatly appreciated!

73,
Michael
K6MLE