[Xastir] Suggestion

Lynn W. Deffenbaugh (Mr) ldeffenb at homeside.to
Fri Jan 25 17:19:09 EST 2013

On 1/25/2013 5:07 PM, Curt, WE7U wrote:
> Cool feature!
>
> For Xastir we can assign Tactical calls to stations (locally or can
> transmit them out to others), which I do during public service events
> a lot, then set Xastir to only show tactical calls.  This is nice to
> get rid of the other stations in the map view that are not part of the
> event.  Unfortunately map zooming/panning is manual, but for any
> particular event I usually set up the one view to cover the whole
> area, then start up another Xastir, fed from the first, that I can use
> to zoom in on individual stations.  It would be much nicer if I could
> do all of this (and more) with one Xastir instance.

If you transmit those assignments to TACTICAL, and an ARPSISCE/32
instance receives the message, it will offer the user to convert the
TACTICAL to a local Nickname and displays that as well.

My Nickname definition dialog has a Transmit button to transmit to
TACTICAL as well, but currently it only displays: