[Xastir] xastir beacon timing

Curt, WE7U curt.we7u at gmail.com
Tue Jul 2 15:50:00 EDT 2013

On Tue, 2 Jul 2013, John Anderson wrote:

> Hello all first post. I want to change my beacon time for xastir. I go to file config, timing. Upper left top change timing to 15 minutes, click OK at bottom. Go back to file config, go to bottom and click Save Config Now.
>
> Still beacons ever 30 min.
> What's the secret. !!

Make sure SmartBeaconing is turned off.

When you make a change to the beaconing period, I believe the software has to hit the next beacon period before it will set the adjusted value.  Perhaps that's what you were seeing?

In other words you might have had it at 30, set it to 15, and it had to wait for the expiration of the current 30-minute period before it set an expiration of 15 mins.

Another thing to try if all else fails:  Adjust it, then shut down/restart Xastir.  That will force it to the value right away.

--
Curt, WE7U.        http://wetnet.net/~we7u
APRS:  Where it's at!        http://www.xastir.org