[Xastir] Map.GEO files

Curt, WE7U curt.we7u at gmail.com
Wed Jun 12 13:34:32 EDT 2013

On Wed, 12 Jun 2013, Curt, WE7U wrote:

> -However-  If you'd rather have the OSM Shapefile maps stored locally and use
> those while offline (highly recommended for that use), search for "osm
> cloudmade" and download the Shapefile maps for the countries/states/provinces
> that you're interested in.  Those maps are Shapefile extracts from the OSM
> databases so you may want to repeat the downloads on some periodic basis so
> you can catch updates.

Of course looking at the site I see that the last updates may have been made in December of 2011.

So look here instead:

     http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Shapefiles

That gives you some options, including creating your own Shapefiles from the OSM data.

--
Curt, WE7U.        http://wetnet.net/~we7u
APRS in Search and Rescue:  http://wetnet.net/~we7u/search_and_rescue.html