[Xastir] Automated Xastir

Chip G. n1mie at mac.com
Fri Jun 14 23:19:14 EDT 2013

Can I script Xastir to send an APRS message/bulletin?

I run Xastir on my base station at home. I'm putting together a remote setup to relay some data into the network. I'm trying to determine the best method of getting the data onto RF. I have a Raspberry Pi (actually many) and a TNC-Pi (http://tnc-x.com/tncpi.htm). The TNC-Pi is reported compatible with Xastir, so that seems to be one possible solution. But I need something automated. Something that can either send a message upon trigger (i.e., temperature hits a certain high or low value) or on some frequency (i.e., send battery voltage every 15 minutes).

Thanks.

73,
--de Chip (N1MIE) FN41bn