[Xastir] More Kubuntu 13 map problems

Curt, WE7U curt.we7u at gmail.com
Wed Jun 26 13:31:43 EDT 2013

On Wed, 26 Jun 2013, Curt, WE7U wrote:

> On Tue, 25 Jun 2013, Jim Shorney wrote:
>
>> Thanks for the replies, Curt and Tom. I flushed my build directory and
>> recompiled, but still with the same errors. I'm not sure where to proceed
>> from
>> here, I'm awaiting your guidance.
>
> A few more searches found this:
>
> http://answers.opencv.org/question/13172/i-just-cant-install-opencv-on-ubuntu-1004-x86_64/
>
> and this:

> Where people running Ubuntu are having similar problems.  Seems to be tracing
> back to system libraries having been compiled without the required flag.
>
> It's possible that removing some libraries or upgrading/downgrading them
> might fix your problem.  Of course the question to ask is, which libraries?

Another.  Might be more useful:

http://jaytaylor.com/blog/2010/10/06/howto-fix-fpic-errors/

Let us know if anything in those links works for you.  Particularly if a change to the Xastir build system might alleviate the problem.  Since I can't duplicate the problem it's hard for me to fix.

--
Curt, WE7U.        http://wetnet.net/~we7u