[Xastir] More Kubuntu 13 map problems

Curt, WE7U curt.we7u at gmail.com
Thu Jun 27 12:45:23 EDT 2013

On Thu, 27 Jun 2013, Jim Shorney wrote:

> On Wed, 26 Jun 2013 21:22:29 -0600, Tom Russo wrote:
>
>> If I were in your shoes and hunting down this sort of thing, I'd start with an absolutely
>> minimal Xastir install, with almost no optional libraries, and add them gradually until
>> you find the one causing the build failure.
>
> Thanks Tom, that's great advice. Wish I'd seen that a couple of hours ago. :)
> Still, it may have taken less time to stumble across an answer the way I did.
> I'll file this away in my knowledge archive for future reference.

Yea, truly an excellent way to do it.

You might try putting 1/2 of those options in and compiling w/o setting CFLAGS.  If that works, try with the other set of options instead.  Once you know which 1/2 has a problem, divide those options in 1/2 and try each 1/2 separately.  This is essentially a binary search through the options until you get down the few that have the issue.  Then at least we'll know what it's isolated to.  Should save you some time over trying each option one by one.

Be aware that not all of the options are independent, so a bit of intelligent grouping may come in handy.

--
Curt, WE7U.        http://wetnet.net/~we7u
APRS Device Capabilities:  http://wetnet.net/~we7u/aprs_device_capabilities.html