[Xastir] MacOS/Xastir problem

Jason KG4WSV kg4wsv at gmail.com
Fri May 10 07:09:03 EDT 2013

On Thu, May 9, 2013 at 11:07 PM, wf8s <wf8s at comcast.net> wrote:
> From my personal experience the Keyspan USB to serial devices work the best on Macs

Keyspan devices are OK; in my experience, they tend to die.  I've had
3 or 4 Keyspan units simply die for no apparent reason; I've never had
an FTDI die.

The Keyspan driver creates a device special file name based on where
the device is plugged in to the USB tree.  This is more convenient
that an enumeration order scheme (e.g. Prolific), it isn't as good as
the unique scheme provided by the FTDI drivers.

Keyspan is also the most expensive adapter I've seen.

-Jason
kg4wsv