[Xastir] GeoTIFF

Curt, WE7U curt.we7u at gmail.com
Fri May 17 19:34:21 EDT 2013

On Thu, 16 May 2013, Tom Hayward wrote:

> I've now got a .tif in /usr/local/share/maps/. Xastir indicates that
> GeoTIFF is compiled in, but after re-indexing maps, the new map is not
> listed in the map chooser.
>
> Here are the map specs:

Tom will probably jump in here with specifics on the image itself, but I know at least for geotiff Topo maps you also need a *.fgd file to go along with it, that has the neatline trim points in it.  I don't know if that was bypassed when someone added the capability to display DOQQ's several years back.

The instructions for creating just the parts you need of a .FGD file are in README.MAPS.  Good luck!

--
Curt, WE7U.        http://wetnet.net/~we7u
APRS Device Capabilities:  http://wetnet.net/~we7u/aprs_device_capabilities.html