[Xastir] NWS Weather Alerts

Curt, WE7U curt.we7u at gmail.com
Tue May 21 01:50:41 EDT 2013

On Mon, 20 May 2013, David  Flood wrote:

> And I can confirm that something is broke about the latest maps.I see the
> alerts show up in the view window, I see the "loading weather alerts"
> message in the lower left, but nothing shows up.
>
> This is with both Cygwin and OpenSuse 10.3 with just the world map
> displayed.  I've got the latest NWS files (and even went back under Cygwin
> and loaded some old 2009/2010 ones I've got on a share) as well as the
> latest CVS as of yesterday.all putting those extra files out there is make
> the "loading" message stay on the screen longer.

I think I have to agree with you.

I didn't see a lot of alerts in my Xastir instance here (View->WX Alerts), so I kicked the weather alert server a bit ago and started seeing more alerts in that window.  Still seeing ZERO areas lit up though.

The most likely problem would be the newer NWS Shapefiles.  I don't recall any changes to the Xastir code lately WRT weather alerts.

I'll do some more checking.

--
Curt, WE7U.        http://wetnet.net/~we7u