[Xastir] NWS Weather Alerts

Curt, WE7U curt.we7u at gmail.com
Tue May 21 02:41:56 EDT 2013

On Mon, 20 May 2013, Curt, WE7U wrote:

> Found something:  Connecting to "firenet.aprs2.net" right now causes
> problems, which is a bit annoying 'cuz that's the round-robin address which
> spreads the load across all three firenet servers.  Every time I connected
> Xastir to that one I got:
>
>    # logresp WE7U-3 verified, server T2CAEAST
>
> Which is interesting, 'cuz I don't know who "T2CAEAST" is...   It's not one
> of the three Firenet servers.  I'll talk to the T2 guys and get that fixed.
> Somehow we got a bad server in the rotation.
>
> This one works:
>
>    firenet.us:14580
>
> And this is the filter string I'm using:
>
>    m/500 t/n e/WE7U-WX p/QUAKE o/ISS*/STEAM/UP844
>
> I'm starting to see areas light up finally!

The three individual addresses of Firenet servers are:

     firenet-1.aprs2.net
     firenet-2.aprs2.net
     firenet-3.aprs2.net

Any of those should work as well.  "firenet.us" and "firenet-1.aprs.2.net" are the same machine.

Once the bogus server is out of the rotation, the preferred address will be "firenet.aprs2.net" again because it spreads the load across all three servers.

--
Curt, WE7U.        http://wetnet.net/~we7u
Closed-minded about open (-source)...