[Xastir] RF stations seen but not heard

Kris Wotipka kris at wotipka.com
Thu Nov 7 19:44:33 EST 2013

I seem to have a unique issue since I cannot find it elsewhere on the
intertubes.

System:  Raspberry Pi (Latest Raspberrian image fully updated, enUS
localization)

Installed Xastir via apt-get
Kantronics KPC3 TNC

So in "Local Stations (via TNC)", I have a well populated list of local
RF heard APRS stations.  I can also see well formed raw data coming into
the program.  Radio / TNC works fine.  Beacons out self and objects.

However, on the "map" (default hiworld), I see nothing for any of these
local stations with these exceptions.

Self
Object that I created
a cluster of stations, and WX that are preceded with a "}".  I am
thinking that those are getting in through the internet but I am not
seeing anything else via internet.  All Igate functions are off cable
unplugged from network.

Last odd thing is that all of the local stations that are in the "All
Stations" list that do not show up have a "NO SYM YET" for the icon in
the list.

Tried two different installs on two different raspbian images I have.

HELP!!!!!  Making me crazier here.

thanks in advance

kw