[Xastir] Xastir on the Raspberry Pi

KF4LVZ kf4lvz at acarver.net
Mon Nov 18 13:55:49 EST 2013

On 11/18/2013 08:09, Max Harper wrote:
> "Post your /etc/network/interfaces file and we'll see what we can figure
> out with your interface.  That one file dictates a lot of this behavior."
>
> Here it is and thanks for taking a look.
>
> auto lo
>
> iface lo inet loopback
> iface eth0 inet static
> address 192.168.1.211
> netmask 255.255.255.0
> gateway 192.168.1.1
>
> allow-hotplug wlan0
> iface wlan0 inet manual
> wpa-roam /etc/wpa_supplicant/wpa_supplicant.conf
> iface default inet static
> address 192.168.1.211
> netmask 255.255.255.0
> gateway 192.168.1.1

There's your likely problem, you have wpa-roam set up which is exactly
what ifplugd/wpa_action looks for to whack the wlan0 interface when
another interface shows up.  If you are not actually roaming with your
RPi (meaning you're not carrying it all over to random WiFi access
points and it appears you aren't because you have it set up as a static
IP) then either change that to wpa-conf or write into the interfaces
file the information needed to set up wpa_supplicant.

The contents of the wpa_supplicant.conf file can be moved into the
interfaces file by skipping the braces {} portion of the file and using
only the minimal configuration.

For example, if you have this as an item in your wpa_supplicant.conf:

network={
    ssid="home"
    key_mgmt=WPA-PSK
    psk="very secret passphrase"
}

You can put only the components into the interfaces file like this:

allow-hotplug wlan0
iface wlan0 inet manual
wpa-ssid "home"
wpa-psk "very secret passphrase"

Since it looks like you want a static IP, no roaming and no changes to
the interface then I would eliminate the wpa-roam line entirely, not use
wpa-conf either and just put the configuration directly into interfaces.
 Your wlan0 interface should stay up and running no matter what after
that.  This is how I have my laptop configured, wlan0 stays up even when
I plug in a network cable.