[Xastir] Message Failure

Liz edodd at billiau.net
Sun Nov 24 15:48:15 EST 2013

On Sun, 24 Nov 2013 12:06:31 -0800 (PST)
Max Harper <kg4pid at yahoo.com> wrote:

> About half the time I try to send an email to this group I get this
> failure message. I've also had messages sent that never show up even
> without the failure. My email address is with Yahoo so I have no
> control over spam that is sent by others. Am I the only one having
> this problem? Max KG4PID "Sorry, we were unable to deliver your
> message to the following address.
>
> <xastir at lists.xastir.org>:
> Remote host said: 554 5.7.1 Service unavailable; Client host
> [98.138.120.56] blocked using dnsbl.sorbs.net; Currently Sending Spam
> See: http://www.sorbs.net/lookup.shtml?98.138.120.56 [RCPT_TO]"

I don't send repetitively, and don't use a Yahoo address, but can see
your problem.
You need another mail server from which to send mail, as it is the IP
that is blocked. With the right sort of email client you can send from
any address, so you could still access this list with your Yahoo email
address and receive mail from Yahoo as usual.

Liz
VK2XSE