[Xastir] (OT Perhaps) Hear packets thru soundcard; Soundmodemconfig diagnostics show nothing

Curt, WE7U curt.we7u at gmail.com
Fri Oct 18 13:29:32 EDT 2013

On Fri, 18 Oct 2013, Paul Burton wrote:

> If I can clearly hear audio coming through the soundcard, why wouldn't
> soundmodem "hear" it too?

This is about all I know about Soundmodem.  I've messed with it before in order to figure it out, and had receive working pretty well, but these days I run a TNC-X instead.

   http://www.xastir.org/wiki/HowTo:SoundModem

I remember most of my troubles had to do with various levels, and I had to switch between multiple mixer programs to get things set up correctly.

I also seem to remember that the scope never worked properly for me.

--
Curt, WE7U.        http://wetnet.net/~we7u
Closed-minded about open (-source)...