[Xastir] Maps

Tom Russo russo at bogodyn.org
Mon Oct 21 23:46:58 EDT 2013

On Mon, Oct 21, 2013 at 07:45:34PM -0400, we recorded a bogon-computron collision of the <michael.gregory at verizon.net> flavor, containing:

>   I removed Xastir completely. Both by telling my package manager to removeit, and then by manually going to all of the directory locations ~/... and user share?. and manually deleting all of the files. I them re-installed it by having the package manager re-install.

Which version is your package manager installing?  Which distro, and what
does "Help->About" say about libraries compiled in.

Many distros are notorious for having ancient versions of xastir in their
package management systems.

We also cannot be sure what compilation options were used when the package
was built.  Remember that packages supplied by the distro are *not* created
by the xastir project --- some volunteer generated the package for the
distro, and that person may not even be an xastir user.

To be really sure you get what you want out of xastir, it might be necessary
for you to build it from source with the options you really want.