[Xastir] Maps

Ray Wells vk2tv at exemail.com.au
Tue Oct 22 17:14:54 EDT 2013

Yes synaptic is a front end for apt but it's much easier to use,
especially when one is looking for files with changed names. Synaptic
allows searching on partial names and one can scroll though a list,
looking for likely candidates and reading the notes for particular files
to see if there's a possible "match". For me the synaptic gui
compensates for my age induced inability to remember what I've read in
command line. I reserve my use of apt-get for when I know exactly what I
need.

I used dselect (that's fun!) for years before moving to apt-get and
synaptic. The latter is the most user friendly, IMHO.

Ray vk2tv