[Xastir] Raspberry Pi with Xastir

Lee Bengston lee.bengston at gmail.com
Thu Jan 23 22:35:55 EST 2014

I thought I had a stability problem with my Raspberry Pi.  However, after
changing the IGate to use Xastir, I've completed over 19 days of continuous
operation without a hitch.  The previous software never lasted more than 15
days before everything would freeze up.  Sometimes I would only get about
10 days before it would quit.  I had to cycle the power in order to get
back up and running.

The other software package didn't quit on me like that when I used it on an
x86 machine, so for a long time I blamed the Pi.  Perhaps the issue is
related to a dependent library that is specific to the Raspbian
distribution - who knows.  Anyway, good job, Xastir developers!

Lee - K5DAT