[Xastir] Xastir Digest, Vol 98, Issue 8

Curt, WE7U curt.we7u at gmail.com
Wed Jan 29 16:55:40 EST 2014

On Wed, 29 Jan 2014, Stephen black wrote:

> Just to be sure you know. I am using a Raspberry Pi with Raspbian from a
> NOOBS file. I would really like a compiled program with all the bells and
> whistles that I can get. I want to make a couple of these Pi and radio combos
> for a couple of ham friends. I have been looking for this for a couple weeks
> and decided to go to the source and am glad i did. Steve KB1CHU

Speaking of going to the source (cue evil laugh here)...

Have you thought about compiling Xastir from sources?  Perhaps someone on here who has done so can help you out directly.  By compiling it yourself you gain the ability to compile in what you need, and only what you need, as well as gain the ability to upgrade to the latest Xastir version at will.

I have a Pi at work but haven't compiled Xastir on it, so I won't be much help.  It's all Linux though, so between apt-get and the README.CVS file you theoretically have access to the info you need.

Since someone just offered to create a binary wtih Festival support, waiting for that to occur is another (more limiting) option.

--
Curt, WE7U.        http://wetnet.net/~we7u
APRS Client Capabilities:  http://wetnet.net/~we7u/aprs_capabilities.html