[Xastir] Window Sizing and Shortcuts

Jason Rausch jason at ke4nyv.com
Wed Jul 2 20:04:27 EDT 2014

After playing with Xastir on my BeagleBone Black for the last week, I'm hooked. However, I'm having some difficulty with navigation on the 7" touch LCD.  The main window displays perfectly, but most of the config windows are fixed size and the buttons are off of the bottom of the screen.  In a couple of cases, I was able to dock my start bar to the left or right and just barely see enough of the buttons to press them.  Some other windows (like timing) are a complete no go.  So, is there a way I can change window sizes or at least unlock them so I can resize?  I tried to figure out changing the screen resolution in Wheezy, but being new to Linux (Again!  It seems like I start all over every time.) I couldn't figure it out.  (We're not in Microsoft land anymore!).  Of course, I'm afraid that when I do change the resolution everything will be so tiny that it's unusable.

Also, for the life of me, I cannot figure out a way to add a shortcut to the desktop to avoid having to open the terminal every time and issue command "xastir &" jst to get it running.  Does anyone have any tips on that?

Is there a version or config file that makes Xastir more touch screen friendly?  Bigger buttons, ect?

Thanks!

Jason Rausch - Amateur Radio Callsign: KE4NYV
RPC Electronics, LLC
www.rpc-electronics.com