[Xastir] I-gate setup

Lynn W. Deffenbaugh (Mr) ldeffenb at homeside.to
Wed Jun 11 17:53:54 EDT 2014

I believe you're describing the following feature described at
http://www.aprs-is.net/IGateDetails.aspx

> Gate all packets to RF based on criteria set by the sysop (such as
> callsign, object name, etc.).

In APRSISCE/32, I'm calling that "filtered" -IS to RF gating.  This is
not required but is allowed by the specification.  What I've read that
xastir implements for -IS to RF gating is described as:

> Gate message packets and associated posits to RF if all of the
> following are true:
>
>  1. the receiving station has been heard within range within a
>     predefined time period (range defined as digi hops, distance, or
>     both).
>  2. the sending station has not been heard via RF within a predefined
>     time period (packets gated from the Internet by other stations are
>     excluded from this test).
>  3. the sending station does not have TCPXX, NOGATE, or RFONLY in the
>     header.
>  4. the receiving station has not been heard via the Internet within a
>     predefined time period.
>     A station is said to be heard via the Internet if packets from the
>     station contain TCPIP* or TCPXX* in the header or if gated
>     (3rd-party) packets are seen on RF gated by the station and
>     containing TCPIP or TCPXX in the 3rd-party header (in other words,
>     the station is seen on RF as being an IGate).

Where "message packets" are the APRS-specified messages defined by
datatype : (colon) and described in Chapter 14 of aprs101.pdf.