[Xastir] Captcha's

Eric H. Christensen eric at christensenplace.us
Fri Jun 13 15:23:40 EDT 2014

The mechanism that LoTW uses is similar to what can be done for the wiki.  LoTW is using a certificate to digitally sign a file that is then transmitted to the LoTW servers.  What you can do with ssl_mod (using httpd) is to require client-side certificate authentication.  Fedora uses this for their package build server and I've seen it a couple of other places.  This isn't something that's easy (although it's not overly difficult, either).  You must have some sort of cryptographic system in place to generate and manage certificates (Dogtag?).

- From a security point of view I think this would be great.  Of course you'd need to do some basic upgrades to the security of the server itself first.

73,
Eric W4OTN