[Xastir] Trap for Young and Old

Liz edodd at billiau.net
Mon Jun 23 18:55:11 EDT 2014

On Mon, 23 Jun 2014 10:53:26 -0400
David A Aitcheson <david.aitcheson at gmail.com> wrote:

> It depends how one sets the options in the config files; you can set
> certain programs to automatically be "sudo'd" without additional
> entering of a password. Me I just let them run and make me a semi-root
> user, that way I don't have to risk typing in a password when
> "nefarious" eyes are about.

I have set my sudo that way, but we still haven't got a decision on an
appropriate way to handle the need for xastir to have access to the
ax25 port, without security risks.
I don't know how to do it with a udev rule, as I've only hacked rules
for hardware, and the hardware involved is different for each user.

Liz
VK2XSE