[Xastir] in relation to Raspberry Pi power supplies....

Lee Bengston lee.bengston at gmail.com
Mon Jun 23 23:25:01 EDT 2014

On Mon, Jun 23, 2014 at 10:20 AM, Jason KG4WSV <kg4wsv at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Mon, Jun 23, 2014 at 8:07 AM, scott morris <scottemorris at outlook.com>
> wrote:
> > It appears there is an actual Raspberry Office Power Supply in
> manufacturing:
> >   -
> http://docs-europe.electrocomponents.com/webdocs/12e1/0900766b812e1308.pdf
> > maybe it will provide the power required to prolong the life before the
> Pi locks up running xastir.
>

> There are many 5V 2A supplies out there:
>
> https://www.sparkfun.com/products/12890
>

> This one will run off DC:
>
> http://www.adafruit.com/products/1385

​The ones specifically designed for the RPI put out a little bit more
voltage.

https://www.pi-supply.com/product-category/raspberry-pi-power-supplies/

>From the description:  "Because the Raspberry Pi is a much greater load on
a power supply than charging a phone, you get a significant voltage drop
between the power supply output and the Pi input due to losses in the
cable. This causes the voltage to drop to as low as 4.5 to 4.7 Volts which
can create serious reliability problems with your Pi. For this reason, we
have designed our power supplies so they are actually rated at 5.25 Volts –
this is within the maximum specification for 5V USB devices, but means we
can easily overcome the voltage drop"

Lee - K5DAT

​