[Xastir] Trouble installing Xastir in Wheezy on Beaglebone Black

Jason Rausch jason at ke4nyv.com
Wed Jun 25 11:39:26 EDT 2014

After a long wait, I finally got my Beaglebone Black and 7" LCD cape.  I did a bunch of searching and came up with the .deb package for installation on the BBB.  When I try to install it through command line OR the .deb installer I get a complaint about the libc6 package.  I tried updating it, but I get a message that I have the latest already.

Has anyone else ran into this?  I have Minicom installed and talking to a TNC-X over USB  and I can see KISS packets in the terminal (I couldn't believe I got that working!), so I'm pretty excited to get Xastir up and running on this.

Thanks!

Jason Rausch - Amateur Radio Callsign: KE4NYV
RPC Electronics, LLC
www.rpc-electronics.com