[Xastir] No stations

Brett Friermood brett.friermood at gmail.com
Fri Mar 7 11:26:54 EST 2014

Comments below.

On Thu, Mar 6, 2014 at 4:45 PM, Clay Jackson <n7qnm-lists at nwlink.com> wrote:
> Well, since I LIKE all the firenet stuff, it works for me.  Changed my
> filter to f/PROSSR/100; and I'm now seeing everything I expected.

Right, that's the whole point of firenet. If someone like David were
to not want information such as that, then that's what the regular IS
is for.

> For folks who haven't tried it aprx is a pretty decent digi/igate - among
> other things, it has a "viscous-delay" feature that waits a specified number
> of seconds (5 is default) before it digis/igates a report, just in case
> someone ELSE got it first,  Around here (rural E WA), it doesn't matter so
> much, but I can see where that would be a great feature in a crowded
> environment.   I'm actually amazed at the number of stations I'm igating and
> their distance from me - all the way from Baker City, OR, well over 100
> miles.

Bruninga will strongly disagree with you about whether that is
acceptable practice on the National APRS Net (not having all
digipeaters "fire at once" immediately after hearing a packet), but I
would agree with you that it could be a useful feature.

Brett KQ9N