[Xastir] IS to RF igating

Jason KG4WSV kg4wsv at gmail.com
Thu Mar 20 11:02:03 EDT 2014

On Thu, Mar 20, 2014 at 8:41 AM, Tom Russo <russo at bogodyn.org> wrote:
> On Thu, Mar 20, 2014 at 07:52:16AM -0500, we recorded a bogon-computron collision of the <kg4wsv at gmail.com> flavor, containing:
>> I'm trying to remember how to gate IS traffic to RF, and I thought
>> there was some file to configure (maybe with nws in the name??) to
>> allow specific stations to gate from IS to RF.
>
> .xastir/data/nws-stations.txt
>
> It's meant for letting you gate NWS weather alerts, and it is a list of
> prefixes to pass to RF.
>
>> If I want to gate all data from a network connection out an RF
>> interface, what do I need to do?  Just click all the buttons I can see
>> in file->configure and interface->configure ?
>
> I do not believe Xastir supports this use case.  It can only gate messages
> and specified stations in nws-stations.txt.

That's what I thought.

Thanks for filling in the gaps.  I remembered the filename has nws in
it, but that was all...

I've got a rocket tracking application that works like a remote GPS.
I've got a perl script that reads GPS data, makes APRS packets out of
it, and feeds that to xastir over the server port.  I'm trying to get
this data on the air so I can use my D7 as a handheld ground station.

-Jason
kg4wsv