[Xastir] usb->serial adapters?

Brett Friermood brett.friermood at gmail.com
Tue Mar 25 10:49:02 EDT 2014

The FTDI boards are what you are looking for. We have a flakey
internet connection here at work at the moment so I can't get to the
website to verify the model numbers, but they have both RS-232 and
-485 versions, both of which come in 1, 2, or 4 port models.

I have a 4-port board which I have so far tested with Ubuntu on a
BeagleBone Black. Simply plugged it in and the four ports appeared
under /dev/. Ran a couple quick loopback tests to ensure functionality
and didn't see any problems. I had no driver problems of any kind, but
they do provide linux drivers for download on their website. You will
also not have any prolific similar drivers problems even if used on
Windows.

I purchased mine through Mouser. Fair price at the time and excellent service.

Brett KQ9N