[Xastir] Subject: Re: Xastir 2.0.6: "XReadBitmapFile() failed: Bitmap not found

Jason KG4WSV kg4wsv at gmail.com
Tue Nov 25 13:00:50 EST 2014

On Tue, Nov 25, 2014 at 11:46 AM, F1MHV <f1mhv at free.fr> wrote:
> By the way, the Howto mention "You can now run Xastir from an X terminal window with: /usr/local/bin/xastir" and "/usr/local/bin/xastir - this is where the Xasir application resides and /usr/local/share/xastir - this is where you will put maps and such" but it's not working in my case. I checked the /usr/ and there is nothing here excepted brew from previous attempt. But i have /opt/ folder in which /local/bin/xastir & /local/share/xastir reside: i guess it might be the reason why the maps are not showing and some others littles mismatch. Is-it important to get the above in /usr/ instead of /opt/ and does there is way to move them if needed?

/usr/local/ is the default location for building and installing xastir
binaries and support files.

For whatever reason the folks who make Mac build tools (fink,
macports, etc) choose to put things in nonstandard (or at least
nondefault) locations.  The folks who put your package together used
/opt/local instead of /usr/local. the documentation on the wiki
assumes a standard build location of /usr/local.  This means you
probably need to substitute /opt/local anywhere you read /usr/local.

-Jason
kg4wsv